Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

I have a 2013 328 I I only had it bout 7 months it has 59000

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a 2013 328 I I only had it bout 7 months it has 59000 miles and this morning I got in the car and the ac was blowing fine and no noise I went for breakfast returned in the car and still ac was blowing quietly I made a stop at the store and returned in the car upon driving i start to hear a noise with the ac like a motorbike when I turn it off i don't hear it but when I do it start to hear it again
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I asked around to a few family members who also have bmws and they suggested that I probably had leaves or some debris in the vents or filter or something to that nature ....the ac is still working fine it's just the noise I suddenly started to hear
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
So is the cabin fan blowing when the car is off?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Cabin fan ? Please explain the ac works fine when I shut the car off I do hear a sound like a fan
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.
Sorry. I may have mis read the post.
There is a fan that blows air in the cabin. Is the problem that this is loud?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No the ac and air is blowing it's just a noise that sounds like a motorbike when I press the fan up it gets louder and when I turn the fan down and off I don't hear it
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But no Tha cabin fan isn't blowing when the car is off
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
The problem is that the cabin fan itself is starting to fail and needs to be replaced. This can't be caused by leaves or debris
You will need to have your fan replaced
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.
If there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating