Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

I have a 2007 Z4 M Coupe and could not keep a charge on

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Z4 M Coupe and could not keep a charge on original battery, The dealer has sold me a replacement battery but no battery still available with cold cranking amps. They now have suggested that once I install the new battery I make a service appointment and bring the car back to have programming done, said it would take an hour and cost not part of the battery purchase. they advised me that not doing this could be dangerous! not sure what that means and they could or would not go into detail with me??
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no, not as all, I do need to install the new battery though to be able to get the car back to the dealer, this they said would be ok to do
JA: OK! The BMW Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: no not really, I do not drive it very much 20 thousand kilometers in last 7 years
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Hi im kevin a master tech how can i help?

Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Do you still need assistance ?