Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

My 2009 BMW 3 series x drive wagon was detailed, and the

Customer Question

My 2009 BMW 3 series x drive wagon was detailed, and the interior was done with steam. It was running but when we turned it off it would not restart. The warning light showing 'no key' comes on. We have used two different keys. The steering wheel is not locked. The shift will not come out of park. The seats move so I am pretty sure it is not the battery.
Might the steam have wet some switch circuit or ???
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

unfortunately it is probably a wet control module or possibly steering lock. BMW phased out steering locks in the late 2000s so you may or may not have one.

I would suggest checking EVERY fuse and also unhooking the car battery for an hour to see if anything resets. If no luck, you will unfortunately need to be towed to a BMW dealer or BMW specialist shop with dealer level equipment to run this diagnostic as very specialist compuer equipment is required for this.

I am sorry I cannot have better news but I trust that my honestly and quick response on a holiday weekend is appreciated. please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for answering your question and that I receive nothing for my time unless a positive rating is clicked

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.

if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating