Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

How can I program a key fod 2006 bmw 325i : I have the key

Customer Question

how can I program a key fod for my 2006 bmw 325i
JA: In addition to the key, do you also have a key fob? Do you have a key code?
Customer: I have the key fob yes
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I purchase the car with 2 key fob, one the battery is dead but it can start the car; the other one is giving a Key err picture but the metal key can open the dor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: searching the web to find the instruction
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: beside that, everything work fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

.

unfortunately keys cannot be programmed, they are permanently programmed to the car when the are manufactured. not even a dealer can reprogram a key.

,

if the key cannot start the car then it is faulty and will need to be replaced. a working key can only be purchased from a BMW dealer, you will need to show proof of ownership/identity before they order a new one. Typically about $200-$250

.

I am sorry if you were hoping for a different answer but I trust that my honest, prompt and thurough reply is appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for taking time out of my day to help and that I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is selected.

.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating