matthew brown
matthew brown,
Experience:  service tech at swedish auto

I have a 2002 325i bmw with a no crank no start : The

Customer Question

I have a 2002 325i bmw with a no crank no start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The battery is in good shape I am able to communicate with the transmission module, however there is no data input from the gear position switch. This model apparently does not have an external neutral safety switch mounted on the transmission.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am...
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: there is no power output from the transmission control module pin 3 to pin 6 of the immobilizer module.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: when i supply power to pin 3 of the transmission control module it starts
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  matthew brown replied 5 months ago.
Have you checked all your fuses?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did check all the fuses and will be back with the car to further try to diagnose the cause Tuesday .Thank you,