Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican
14969438

After an oil change the OIL pressure warning light

Customer Question

After an oil change the OIL pressure warning light occasionally glows at low engine RPM and the valves are noisy. I'm thinking it's had the wrong type/grade of oil used?
JA: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?
Customer: 2003 car, 120000 miles - oil is at the correct level on dipstick
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, time served Agricultural engineer
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just happened last night and again this morning, just eliminating the obvious, before going more deeply into the engine.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: Thinking about (possibly) the cylinder heads as it's fitted with an LPG system
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.If it started doing it right after an oil change then there are a few possibilities but wrong oil viscosity would be among the top possibilities. Did you change the oil or was it done somewhere?Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this problem? Was I of help?Thanks
Sonny.
Expert:  Kenny replied 6 months ago.

What type of BMW of you have?