peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

S JCW GP: My06 R53 s jce gp when you put the clutch in over

Customer Question

My06 R53 s jce gp when you put the clutch in over 3000 RPM and let off the gas the engine shout down over 70% of the time. some time it will start agen at about 500RPM
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In some cases this can be due to carbon build up in the throttle body bore and bore plate.I would check and see if there is carbon build up and if there is I would use a shop rag with some carburetor or brake cleaner sprayed on the rag to wipe out the throttle bore and plate to see if this resolves the issue here.If this is found to be o.k. let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That not it. The car runs outstanding under load. I clean the throttle and it seam to fix it. Then it went right back to shutting off.
By the way it a 2006 mini cooper S JCW GP. Is there any info you need?
Was the throttle shaft checked for any play at all with it or to see if the throttle blade is loose or worn at all?