Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I see signs on my display. JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

I see signs on my display.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Even though I don't feel any problem with the car, e brake, awd, parking brake, cdc all kinds of signs showed up.
JA: When it comes to solving emergency brake issues, getting the right information makes all the difference. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I changed the battery two months ago.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: I did not get it done by a dealer. It was done by local mechanics.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
what signs exactly do you have?
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
what year and model is your car?
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
and what exactly is your question about the signs? what did you want to know?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have 2007 x5 3.0 si
I changed battery about 2 month ago.
The awd cdc parking brake emergency brake mal functioning signs showed up a few days ago.
Could it be related to battery change? The battery change was done by local mechanics not a BMW dealer. May be he did not do battery registration? I don't know.
I want those signs off badly.
I don't see any problem with the car
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked..thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.it is possible for a voltage issue to trigger warnings like this, but it is not very likely. If the local mechanic did not update the vehicle's computer to know the battery was changed then this should be done as it can lead to an increased likelihood of issues, but again it is not likely that your problem is related to the battery.most likely you have a failed component in the 4WD/traction/ABS system which is taking the system offline.you will not notice a differnce while driving, but if you ever need abs or traction control to cut in, you will not have them to assist you.Most commonly the control module for the system, a wheel speed sensor, the steering angle sensor or transfer case will fail.the only path forward to getting these warnings off will first require that the fault logs first be scanned from the car with a BMW scan tool, then the faulty part identified by the fault scan will need to be replaced and the system reset. .sorry if you were hoping for a different answer but I trust that my honesty and quick response is appreciated...Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How can I turn that signs off without going to a dealer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is an old car I don't want to spend money on it because I don't see any difference
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
you cannot turn off active warnings - this is impossible by design of the car and law. The issue needs to be diagnosed by a dealer or by a shop with proper equipment. then, once diagnosed via fault scan, the faulty parts replaced. if you don't see any difference and don't want to invest in repairs, then you have to live with the warnings. sorry if you hoped for something different, but this is the reality of how the car is designed. as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating to ensure I receive proper credit for my time and complete answer
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating to ensure I receive proper credit for my time and complete answer.