mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Pearl JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I cannot for the life of me find the way to open the cover to manually close the convertible top on my 2005 mini. Help
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well, I've tried locating the panel unsuccessfully so that might be the first step.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: Are you a real person or a computer?
JA: I'm an assistant to the BMW Mechanic. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: I am looking for the panel that I have to open in order to be able to manually close my convertible roof.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Can you please clarify your question it didn't come through
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need to close the convertible top on my 2005 mini manually. The manual says to pry open the panel in the centre of the roof. I really don't see a logical place to open it without scratching or messing it up so am hoping you can help me if I am in the wrong spot or?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
i have attached a more detailed procedure for manual opening the top. to prevent scratching to the trim you can purchase plastic trim tools from most auto parts stores that will allow you to wedge and pry without marking the surface. if you have no further questions i would appreciate if you took a moment to leave me a rating.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you
not a problem hope you get everything worked out. rating me is the only way that this site gives me credit for my efforts so if you took a moment of your time to do so it would be appreciated greatly.