sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

X3: I have a 2005 x3. I want to remove the headliner

Customer Question

I have a 2005 x3. I want to remove the headliner for repairs and I cant open my panoramic roof to access the screws to remove the headliner. For some reason it appears to be jammed. How can I open it manually?
Category: BMW
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the roof started to move and then stopped because there is a mechanical issue then it's most likely going to require part replacement. If it simply won't open due to an electrical issue or motor failure then you can move the panels manually using an allen wrench/allen socket directly at the motor.The process is shown starting at about 3:30 here.