peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

BMW E82, 128i, N51 engine. Code 27b8, Differential Pressure

Customer Question

BMW E82, 128i, N51 engine. Code 27b8, Differential Pressure Sensor Plausibility. I have replaced the sensor itself and visually checked for disconnected hoses, wires, etc. Cleared code 3x. pops back up immediately. This occurred after I took the car in for a recall on one of the screws in the VANOS unit. They removed the valve cover and installed a new gasket. This code popped up on the drive home. Took it back to BMW, they claim that it is not related to the repair they performed since the sensor is on the other side away from the repair. I don't believe a word of that, but that is beside the point. Not mad about it, just want to fix it. What I do believe is that something was not installed properly/Cracked/Broken and is causing the MAP to be off. but I can't see anything and I don't have a smoke machine unfortunately and have no idea what to do. Thinking maybe a VVT seal or something(?) Need help!
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you have not checked for any pinched or damaged wiring at all in the area of repair or on the engine this needs done.If there is any pinched or damaged wiring it will need repaired to correct this issue here.If this was already checked or is checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete