internal88
internal88, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Automotive Engineering Degree and also work for an Automotive engineering company since 2003.
63512786

I have a triangle with an exclamation point in the middle that

Customer Question

I have a triangle with an exclamation point in the middle that is lit up next to the transmission gear indicator
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the BMW Mechanic to figure that out. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: There are no symptoms of anything wrong, it's driving fine, just want to find out what that indicator is trying to tell me
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hard to say since I don't know what it means or what problem is being indicated
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  internal88 replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I'm Matt - BMW tech.The vehicle's computer sent a fault error code. Typically it indicates that a gear slippinng, TCM problem and related transmission issue. You have to hook it up to a BMW scanner to read the code. The proper way to diagnose is by using the scanner to communicate with the vehicle's computer.When was the last time you had the transmission fluid service?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just bought the car so I don't know when the transmission was last serviced
Ok, you need to take it to a shop and plug it the scanner to read to code.