Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican
14969438

2007 e91 w/panoramic roof. Need a picture replacement

Customer Question

2007 e91 w/panoramic roof. Need a picture for the replacement of the sunroof air deflector.
JA: Air issues can be tricky. Fortunately, the mechanics are real masters, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best one for the job. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: guide on replacing the air deflector
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have the part but it came with an extra piece that wasn't with the old part.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
what is the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Kw40996
Expert:  Kenny replied 7 months ago.
This is repair is very in depth, You will need to remove the complete sunroof cassette from the vehicle then complete remove both pieces of glass and all of the sliding mechanism (which is timed with special tools) and then you can replace the air deflector with the updated parts it came with. At the dealer this job would pay 5-6 hours.