Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

When I come to a stop i feel a hard jerks,the 5th day my

Customer Question

Hi when I come to a stop i feel a hard jerks,the 5th day my trans fail safe program light came on when I start the truck and turn it off
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right BMW Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: Ok
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Jerks when I hit my brakes.5th day trans fail safe program comes on the dash when I start the truck &turn it off
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No I just want the right answer I took it to shop thinking it was brakes ,it wasn't paid money for bushion,it still didn't fix my problem
JA: OK! The BMW Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. The BMW Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: Ok
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: Just hard jerks,transfailsafepro message
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What diagnostics have been carried out?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What could fix this problem
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
hi, I asked what diagnostics have been carried out? any?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
None
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked..thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.the common causes of this area) software or adaptation issueb) fault transmission output jointc) valve body faultd) other internal transmission wearthe only way to fully verify this issue is to have the fault logs read from the vehicle's computer with a BMW scan tool. if you need a non dealer that is equipped for this check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options.Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.