Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

Low Beam and Adaptive Headlight Malfunction Error Messages

Customer Question

Low Beam and Adaptive Headlight Malfunction Error Messages ....
Replaced Xenon Bulb .. same problem:still flickers as it warms up and then goes out - error returns.Is this the Ballast ? Or control unit?Seems that realoem might have them labeled backwards? 01 Headlight ballast moldule, xenon light
where 02 CONTROL UNIT XENON LIGHTbut ... but when i seach ballast on google or eBay .. it shows them reversed. Which is which.Silver container on side of the assembly that you can see from engine compartment =?
Black Carrier with PCB on it that is accessible thru the wheel well = ?which on is the likely culprit?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.
What has been hacked so far? What diagnostics have been carried out?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no diagnostics .. I'm pulling and praying.I replaced the xenon low beam bulb.Ballast is the next thing .. right? but I'm confused which is which .. i outlined this in my question
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hello? your questions don't make sense?
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.
sorry that was a typo, should have been "what has been checked so far"
you wish to know what is what and also which is the more likely cause?
I can see that you have not been satisfied with many of the questions that you have had answered, so I want to be clear on what exactly your question is before I answer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i want clear answers .. really and information that extends beyond what i can simply google. When you provide value ... then I'm more than happy to pay.So my question is pretty self explanatory ..
I changed the bulb
Is it likely the ballast or control unit?
which one is which because it appears people are calling them two things ... the silver can is what? the green pCB is?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
huh? why jump on my message if you don't plan to answer? its a pretty simple question ...