Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

328 i convertible: I have a 3 series manual convertible which,is

Customer Question

I have a 3 series manual convertible which,is a 2008 yesterday the car just stopped and would not restart everyhing would sill work .
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What question did you have about this? Did you want to know possible causes?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What could be issue
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do not want call
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated on a Saturday evening. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked..most likely you have a failed starter. this is exceedingly common on this engine, if this vehicle has the original starter, it is due to fail..in terms of things you can try, this is the full list:jump startsecond keyrock car back and forthlock/unlock with blade key in door a few timesstart in park and neutralwiggle shifter to be sure it is in parkcheck EVERY fuseunhook battery for an hour to reboot all systems.. as I said you most likely need a new starter. Other possible causes beyond the starter are an immobilizer fault, transmission position switch fault, brake system fault or other random issue with power delivery / ecu function...Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.