peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

325ci: 2004 325ci, SULEV M56 engine; pulled intake manifold

Customer Question

2004 325ci, SULEV M56 engine; pulled intake manifold to ck for air leaks, now it won't start. Getting 'spring test failure'.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Make sure you have reinstalled the intake manifold properly and that it is not leaking at all.If a fault is found with the way it is installed or sealed this will need corrected to resolve this fault here.If this has been checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pete, Yes, I've reinstalled the intake manifold as it was. I need to know how to get the accelerator pedal and the throttle body engaged with each other. I suspect that's the problem. Can you send me the cable diagram with locations for the throttle body up to the control computer? Plus how do I check to throttle body to see if it working properly?

Looking through my info on this unfortunately I do not show a diagram for this here myself but others here may have this info.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have gotten the following OBD II codes: P1634 (which I think is primary) and P0122 and P0222. That's why I need to get a schematic of the wiring from the accelerator pedal to the computer and to the throttle body. I'm expecting this is where the issue it. Again, how do I test the throttle body off car?