Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks

X5 35d: Matt, same car and same problem but we have already

Customer Question

Hi Matt, same car and same problem but we have already replaced the low pressure EGR valve.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you can tell me what type of problem you are having with as many details as you can along with any fault codes you are getting I will see if I can help you determine the cause. Post back when you can and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2011 bmw x5 diesel 35d. Check engine light may come on for a mile or so while driving low speeds around a neighborhood after car is warmed, and then the cel goes off.. Fault codes 47C4, 478E, 478F were stored. The low pressure egr valve was replaced and the adaptives reset. Test drove 25 miles. A day later the customer had the cel flash on for about a mile and go off. Scanned fault code 47C4 Low Pressure EGR Valve Controller Position Control . Checked vacuum hoses to egr valve to the controller under the intake manifold. Ok. Thinking it maybe a bad vacuum controller(modulator)
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Okay thank you for the information,Unfortunately I do not work on the diesel engine so I will open the post back up for you. With complete information now someone who dose should be able to help you. They will post back if so.