peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

The sunroof in my mini clubman 2009 sometimes will jam and

Customer Question

the sunroof in my mini clubman 2009 sometimes will jam and not open. It happens when it very hot outside I have to wait for the car to cool down and then help it open. I have had it adjusted in the past but it continues to happen, no more warranty is there a permanent solution or do I have to keep taking it in for adjustments
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. This may be an issue with the sun roof motor itself being weak.The heat will weaken it more with an already weak motor and can cause this fault here.If you have not had the sun roof motor tested at all to see if it is weak needing replaced (this is best tested when the vehicle is acting up) this needs done to see if it needs replaced.I have had to replace the sun roof motor on several models in the past before for issues like this here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete