peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

I had the engine replaced in my mini clubman, after I got

Customer Question

I had the engine replaced in my mini clubman, after I got the car back I noticed that the shift gear is in a permanently unlocked position so it changes from park to drive, reverse very easily. Is this something they may have done or is it a new problem.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. The repair facility that replaced the engine may have left a connection disconnected that locks the shifter in place until the brake is pressed and key on.I have seen issues like this before after a repair like this here.I would have the facility that did the engine replacement re check their work to see if any issues are found that they may have caused here with this issue and correct any faults found.If found to be their fault I would see if they will cover the costs for repair as most places will if found to be their fault. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete