Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I want to know what the problem can be handbreak

Customer Question

Hi!
I want to know what the problem can be for both handbreak and anti-sliding signals lights yellow in my BMW 3 series car of 2008 model.
thanks
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Have any diagnostics been carried out?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The handbreak and anti-sliding signals are lighting when I am driving. what can be the problem?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No answer
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
something wrong
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Is the abs light also on?
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Hello? Is the abs light on too?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry, the abs is not on
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
sorry for the delay for some reason I am not being notified of your responses.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
these lights indicate simply that the traction control system is faulted and offline. the most common cause would be failed steering angle sensor but there are many components in this system which can trigger this warning.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
the only way to verify is to have the computer fault logs scanned from the car with a BMW scan tool - so this is your next/only step at this time.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
the steering angle sensor is most likely but other causes could be a voltage issue, a failed control module, or other failed sensor. this is why the computer MUST be scanned to verify.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the response. I will try my best to update how it goes. I am not a mechanic but have a basic knowledge and try to check in internet and fix. I took it to a garrage but they couldn t find the cause. Instead they changed something related with break but couldn t work yet.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
it requires very specific equipment to scan for these codes, most general garages do not have this equipment. you need to take the car to a main dealer of BMW specialist for this. Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating to complete the question. If you would like to follow up in the future you can do so at any time without additional charge after leaving a positive rating today. thank you in advance.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
hi, did you have additional questions or are you having a technical problem selecting a positive rating?