Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

330i: I have 2006 BMW 330i. I just installed a used column

Customer Question

I have 2006 BMW 330i. I just installed a used column switch, part # ***** The blinkers, wipers, mf stalk and horn work, but the steering wheel functions(radio volume, up/down on CD, AC on) do not work. Did I miss a connection, or is something wrong with the installed part? last 7 of VIN KR75751
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
what was the part number of your original switch cluster?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There are a lot of part numbers and I do not know which one is the correct one . The BMW dealer said the part number should be(###) ###-####nine
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked..thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.this is a programmed part so the first step will be to have it properly programmed to your car. if the issue persists, then it is possible that installation is incorrect or the unit is defective/incompatible. however, this can't be said until programming is carried out. If it has already been programmed, then the next step would be to check installation, and if nothing is found, a defective or incompatible part suspected (although the number appears compatible per the BMW parts system).Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.