Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

I just bought a 2007 bmw 328i and it now have 50000, what type

Customer Question

I just bought a 2007 bmw 328i and it now have 50000, what type of service I need
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It just sounds a little rough but other that I don't think I have a problem, but I have driven over 3000 miles without an oil change
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not sure
JA: Is there anything else the BMW Mechanic should be aware of about your BMW?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is Marty.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.
If you have only driven 3000 miles since your last service and you are using a full synthetic motor oil you do not need to replace the oil at this time. The synthetic oil will last approximately 10,000 miles and your car will alert you when it is due to be changed. At 48,000 miles the car was due to have the engine air filter and the cabin air filter replaced. If you have not had that done I would recommend that you do so. I would also have the brake fluid tested for moisture and replace the fluid if needed.
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know if this is helpful or if you have any additional questions.
Expert:  Marty replied 6 months ago.
Hi Gloria, do you have any questions?