Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican

I have a 2001 m62tu that I just replaced the guide rails. I

Customer Question

I have a 2001 m62tu that I just replaced the guide rails. I try to rotate my engine by hand and it is getting stuck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The back valve on the driver's side is open. I used the timing to to set the cam flat with the cylinder heads with the numbers up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kenny replied 6 months ago.
Sounds like the timing is wrong. Did you remove the camshafts? Also the camshafts can be timed 180 degrees out.