Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

Fault in Front passenger restraint system affecting airbag

Customer Question

Fault in Front passenger restraint system affecting airbag belt tensioner or belt force limiter warning on my 03 745i. How do I fix?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's basically my problem. Everytime I start car that warning appears. But seat belt works perfect
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if it's the simple sensor problem that several threads have stated it could be
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: I tried to unplug sensor n replug. But another warning came up when I unplugged so I plugg it back in. Everything else is fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What diagnostics have been carried out this far?