Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican
14969438

BMW 525xi: 2007 BMW 525xi the ac blows warm, tried to install

Customer Question

2007 BMW 525xi
the ac blows warm, tried to install a can of freon and it would't take any. looked at the clutch and it was spinning. Stopped the process, shut off the ac them I noticed the clutch was still engaged. tried recycling the ac switch to here the clutch click on and off, no clicks were heard, no rpm difference either.
The aux cooling fan is not coming on, I thought if the compressor is kicked on, the fan automatically comes on.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
thank you for your attention to the rating requirement
if the AC is on the fan is supposed to come on, if it does not, then the AC cannot work effectively. the most likely cause is a simple failed fan. a factory BMW scan tool or equivalent is required to preform further diagnostics on the fan and AC system (eg: verify the pressure sensor is working properly)
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If its a failed relay or fan switch will that cause the ac clutch to stay engaged even when the ac system is shut off ?
Expert:  Kenny replied 7 months ago.
On the fan there is no relay but a blower resistor that is built into the fan that controls it and is a common failure on them.