peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

BMW 550i have code p2187 and p2189 bank 1

Customer Question

My name is Gudy, BMW 550i have code p2187 and p2189 bank 1 lean bank 2 lean, what should i do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i got a whistling noice now and then
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. With a whistling noise and lean codes like this here this usually indicates a fault with a vacuum leak on the engine causing both the lean issues as well as the noise.I would have the engine checked over for any loose or damaged vacuum hoses or connections as well as any leaking intake gaskets as this will cause this fault here.The vacuum leak needs located and repaired to correct this issue here then the fault codes cleared out to then turn off the check engine light. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete