Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have a 2008 BMW Z Roadster which is new to me and I cannot

Customer Question

I have a 2008 BMW Z Roadster which is new to me and I cannot set the clock to the correct time.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I pushed the button with the Pic of a clock on it and the numbers never flashed as I thought it would. So I pushed the S/R button and when I let go it had changed the clock by 14 hours! Now I can't get it to move at all.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Of course.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have gone through the procedure I explained several times and have not gotten anywhere. If this is going to be complicated, I'll have to get back to you when I am in the car. I assumed it would be relatively simple.
JA: Is there anything else the BMW Mechanic should be aware of about your BMW?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
do you not have an owners manual with the process in it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes. But it's difficult to understand. Just forget it. I don't want a monthly or yearly plan. Please refund my $5 and I will figure it out myself.