Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

BMW 745I: 745I 2004, while driving all of a sudden some dashboard

Customer Question

745I 2004, while driving all of a sudden some dashboard lights turned on along with an error message. tiranle with a circle, ABS and Park the error message is Brake/Drive Malf.! Drive moderately. the car seems to drive normally I don't see what the problem could be. any input would be appreciated.
thank you
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
hi im Kevin the car has picked up on a fault within electrical braking assist system that it believes may cause an issue .this the shuts the system down until fault is gone for a period of time of repaired .the only way to find the cause is to have car plugged in a fault codes read from abs system to pinpoint issue .the most common causes are failing parts like wheel speed sensors or brake light switch .the car is safe to drive if brakes still feel normal just be aware if you were to lock the brakes the car electrical system will not cut in abs system to assist
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 months ago.
please rate my service and let me know if you need any further assistance