Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an x3 throwing as code 28A2 and at high revs (full throttle) engine cuts off eml,dsc,abs on. Shut off engine and restart car drives ok
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have checked intake manifold, breather valve,idle valve ,DISA motor and tried another throttle housing,
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
STILL WAITING
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
What is the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
WB67506
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
this code points to a likely failed airflow sensor or intake air leak.
a proper test plan should be run with a factory BMW scan tool to verify, but in the absence of such testing I would look for air leaks and replace the airflow sensor
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
still waiting for an answer!!
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
you are still waiting for an answer? I answered already and can see it above in the thread
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
this code points to a likely failed airflow sensor or intake air leak.a proper test plan should be run with a factory BMW scan tool to verify, but in the absence of such testing I would look for air leaks and replace the airflow sensorPlease let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.