rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Mini cooper: Check engine light on no codes come up on obd

Customer Question

Check engine light on no codes come up on obd eating alot of gas. 2010 mini base modle
Category: BMW
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. The 2 go together as far as light on and codes set, so when it doesn't work that way, it's generally a bad computer but the data needs to be checked with a scan tool for sensors and actuators for confirmation.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can i get a scan tool and do it myself
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
A good scan tool is about 8K dollars and you also need to know how to use it and what to look for as far as data is concerned. Most shops would charge you one hour labor to check this system.'Thanks, Ron