sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a AA DME secondary air quantity too low. Can JA:

Customer Question

Hi, I have a AA DME secondary air quantity too low. Can
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: you figure that out?
JA: Anything else I can tell the BMW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: it did not pass the smog this morning. OBD II not ready. Everything passed though
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What year and model is the car?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Steve, 2003 M3
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No check engine light or pending codes other than the DME AA. apparently Catalyst monitor not ready
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was going to attach a pic but add file does not appear to work. Can you call me at(###) ###-####within the next 30 minutes? Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Looks like it sent the file.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here is a copy of Smog Test
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I cannot wait. I will look somewhere else. Please give me a refund. Thanks.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The catalyst monitor just needs time to run again and pass since the memory was cleared last. It will run and pass during normal driving as long as parameters are met for it to begin and stay there long enough for it to run. Worst case scenario would be to drive it with a scan tool in place while watching the pretest parameters while the monitor runs. All monitors will normally run within 2-300 miles at the most after having memory cleared.You mentioned a fault code and then said no codes were setting?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please retract the reply and refund my money. I told you I could not wait. I do not need anything from you since yesterday. Thank you.
If you would like a refund of your deposit you can do so from your screen.