Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

My 2006 mini S has the air bag light on. The dealer wants to

Customer Question

My 2006 mini S has the air bag light on. The dealer wants to do nearly $2000 of work that might fix it.I have read some of the reviews of other owners with a similar problem. Is there some way to just bypass or disable the air bag circuit. The dealer did the recall repair back in October, and I suspect this has something to do with the air bag light coming on. The car has not been in an impact.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: The only symptom is that the light is on.
JA: Anything else I can tell the BMW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: yes, I bought a diagnostic tool, and it says ZK10/ safety circuit.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what exactly was your question about this? if you can bypass this?