Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks

Bmw x5: 2002 bmx x5 sterring colum will not move ran trouble

Customer Question

2002 bmx x5 sterring colum will not move ran trouble to switch with memory buttons and seat controls. seat work ok,got used switch from ns salvege in nasshivle. stering colum work fine for 3 test and
Category: BMW
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.BMW releases a service bulletin that deals with a problem with the steering column dealing with a pinched or chafed wire on the column. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below. Copy and paste the link below to your browser to open and view it. Have a look and see if this is the cause.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ron are you there
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are you there
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Yes Im Here.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ron need more info can we set up telephone call?
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Im not on today due to a family issue. I will open the post back up for you so someone else can help.