Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I just bought a 2004 bmw745i someone has cut the speakers wires

Customer Question

I just bought a 2004 bmw745i someone has cut the speakers wires and stuff in the trunk due to having an after-market speaker box and amp assume however nothing works now speakers CD the stereo to my command system nothing works any idea what it could be that I need
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: I can't think of anymore right this second
JA: Anything else I can tell the BMW Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I'm sorry the 6 disc changer that is in the dash right above the glove box continually runs and clicks and clicks and clicks and clicks until you eject the magazine
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
sorry can you please clarify your question?
there are cut wires in the trunk and you want to know what you need to replace?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
YES SIR. The entire Communications system screen comes on on the dash but when you try to just say change the heat and air settings or the radio station or anything like that and nothing works
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
I would expect you need to replace the wiring harness, amp, radio head unit and main idrive/nav computer.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Assume you're talking about the radio wiring harness and do you have any idea what kind of estimated guess you could give me on how much this might cost me
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
yes I am referring to the radio wiring harness.
this will cost several thousand dollars to have replaced.
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
...