mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

I have a 2007 525i BMW and my truck will only open with the

Customer Question

I have a 2007 525i BMW and my truck will only open with the trunk key. The button in the car and the key will not work. This morning the license plate lights shows a malfunction. I am sure this is electrical as I have exposed the harness and noticed a brown wire and a yellow wire are either cut or not being used. Do these wires join? What steps do I need to take?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It started yesterday morning. All of the functions were available yesterday morning.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
one thing to check is to ensure the trunk is not in valet model if memory serves me correctly if the lock cylinder is horizontal that is valet mode. if it is vertical it is normal mode. if it is in valet the key uttons and the interior button will not work.