peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

750i: , i have bmw 750i and my fan is not working , i

Customer Question

Hello , i have bmw 750i and my fan is not working , i but one used in good condition and when the car become to hot , the fan no star , i but the temperature control and the fan box too , and the fan no star , what i have to do for to know if the fan is good thank you
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Inspect and make sure all fuses are good.If one or more fuses is found to be blown or damaged it will need replaced to correct this issue here.If you hare checked and found the fuses are all o.k. already let me know so we can continue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good mornig Pete , i had check all fuse , the fuses is good, the temmperature sensor i had change too , the fan box i had change , i had check the power in the pig , have power , if take out the fan again how i can see is good , because has thre wire , positive , negative and the thin wite tell me what i have to do for star the fan out side the car than you
My info is not showing the thin wire signal but usually this is a signal from the control unit to operate the fan speed.The other two wires are usually a power and ground but my diagrams are not showing which is which.If you have replaced all of these components here the only other component I have seen that can cause this here is the engine computer (DME) itself needing replaced.Usually the smaller wire is the controlled wire from the controller/ecu and is a ground or power pulsed wire but my info is not showing for sure what this wire does.Trace the wiring and check for any damaged or shorted wiring needing repaired or replaced and if all is o.k. you may have an internal engine computer fault needing replaced. Thanks Pete