Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks

Have a 2011 328i in the shop. Runs and idles fine -45

Customer Question

Have a 2011 328i in the shop. Runs and idles fine for 30-45 minutes before it starts running rough starts squealing very loudly and throws a p0012 code plus a code for the Vanos solenoids. Replaced Cam sensor and both vans solenoids. Same thing, after 30-45 minutes it idles rough and squeals. Using a stethoscope the sound is definitely coming from behind the vanos. Before we start tearing down I wanted to see if there were any ideas on this?
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We figured it out. Please cancel this question.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.BMW has released a service bulletin that deals with this code and the recommended repair as well. I have enclosed it in the link below for your review. Take look and see if this will help you resolve the fault code your getting.Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Um thanks for not reading my question at all? 1. If you ready my question you'd know we already did that. 2. If you read my question you'd know we figured it out yesterday and asked this question to be cancelled.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Im sorry I did not see anything that said you had already read the service bulletin. I will open the post back up for you and maybe someone else has something different to offer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I need the whole question removed as we already figured it out as already stated