Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks

I have a no start issue with my BMW X3 2006, I am not

Customer Question

Hello, I have a no start issue with my BMW X3 2006, I am not getting any voltage to the Fuel pump wiring harness with the key on or when cranking, I replaced the relay on the left behind the fuse box, and still no power.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Monday morning I went out to go to work, and my car would not start, it would just keep on cranking, it would almost start, but not, I checked on the web and fuel pump issue came up, along with the fuel pump[ relay, I have spark, I checked the valve at the end of the injector rail and very little fuel comes out, now nothing comes out, I replaced the relay shown on the figure on Realoem diagram, I think it was the correct relay, that's what I am doing now, trying the other green relays under the glove box, I have also replaced the camshaft positions sensor, because that was also mentioned in various blogs, I have the back seat out, and have the connector disconnected from the pump and I have no voltage accept for the other 4 wires (smaller gauge) about 5 VDC.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have also checked the fuses for the fuel pump, also there was mention about the black cluster of fuses under the hood, the third one, 20 amp I believe, but I couldn't get the top off to actually see the fuse link, but I checked them with a multi meter and they have continuity between the blades, all of them.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When checking the power at the pump you need to do so while cranking the engine. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below for testing it and the relay. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.