Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I am changeing the valve cover gsket on my 330xi bmw 2006

Customer Question

i am changeing the valve cover gsket on my 330xi bmw 2006 and there is a part that i do not know how to remove or what it is .
Category: BMW
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

That is the actuator drive solenoid for the variable valve timing. You have to release the tension on it before removing it.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you all of the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,