Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

I am changeing the valve cover gsket on my 330xi bmw 2006

Customer Question

i am changeing the valve cover gsket on my 330xi bmw 2006 and there is a part that i do not know how to remove or what it is .
Category: BMW
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

That is the actuator drive solenoid for the variable valve timing. You have to release the tension on it before removing it.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you all of the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,