Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

My name is habib, sorry pressed the key too quick I had

Customer Question

hi My name is habib
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sorry pressed the key too quick I had aproblem with excessive black smoke na d loosing oil which I have sorted by an engine rebuild unfortunately I do not have any rail pressure PF096. lift seems to be working
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, it would help to know the year, model and engine size of the BMW you are working on.

And if you can let me know what you have tested so far in relation to this fault code and results so that I am not duplicating anything already done

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have not done much I think delivery pump ( one of them ) is not operating. its 525D 2002, it all started with a bad glow plug causing a short and blowing the 150A fuse.
had to replace battery due to continually being drained found glow plug internally short which broke when I was removing hence I removed the head. Injectors were in a bad state,168000 miles, one of the bore had an usual wear nevertheless rebuilt from bottom to top. this is my first occasion to work on common rail so am learning any help you can give thanks
kind regards
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

Sorry, I will need to opt out as I have no information on a 525D. If another expert does, they will post here in reply to you