Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

I replaced the radio on my BMW 318I 1995 and installed a

Customer Question

i replaced the radio on my BMW 318I 1995 and installed a Sony radio. Now the car is like a blocked. does not crank
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i am trying to start the car after radio replacement and does not start the car is like a theft system activated, can i by pass it? i do not have the control key
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

It is possible that it is an antitheft issue. I need to know if you hardwired the stereo in or use the correct harness adapter for it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Eric, i hardwired the radio, i did not use the adapter.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

Ok, let me see if I have the audio system wiring diagram. I need to know the options on your original - cd or cassette player, number of speakers

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
cassette player, the vehicle is 1995, 318i
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the radio i used is made by Sony, model CDX-GT340. Radio is listening ok, but car does not start
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

Well, I will have to opt out and see if another expert has the needed diagrams to find the issue. Sorry about that

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can i deactivated the theft system or bypassed?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Iam still waiting for the answer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.