Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican

I own a 2005 325i automatic with the shiftronic option (do

Customer Question

I own a 2005 325i automatic with the shiftronic option (do they all come with that)? On occasion, when accelerating, I'd say out of third gear, (full auto, no shiftronic), it completely bogs down and will not accelerate. It's as if it is flooding, or a governer kicks in and prevents any acceleration. It will maintain the speed when this issue started but it does seem to slowly slow down. Sometimes the "gear warning with the exclamation point next to the D symbol" comes on. Yesterday, it didn't. I have to pull over to the side of the road lest I get hit from someone behind me! I turn it of, restart, and it seems to be ok for another 2-3 weeks. What the heck is going on? This is very dangerous when accelerating to merge on a highway. Thank you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what diagnostics have been carried out?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Check engine light is on. Showed the MAF and DISA valve. Replaced the MAF. Took out the DISA valve and it looked fine and not really worn. Haven't done any other diagnostics
Expert:  Kenny replied 6 months ago.

Sounds like there is a internal fault in the transmission, You will need the faults read out of the EGS control unit.