peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

RE: 2014 F02 While trying to remove the FZD roof function

Customer Question

RE: 2014 F02
While trying to remove the FZD roof function center to change overhead light, the center has gone dead. No sunroof, no map lights. The SOS and passenger Airbag status still work. Could it be a blown fuse, or have I killed the the FZD?
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The alarm also is out. Have checked fuse numbers: 58, 61, 12, 13 which are ok.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the vin is: d134926
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Installing the "Repair kit for switch module, headliner(###) ###-#### ***** to be the only solution.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the wiring and connections for the over head assembly and see if any wiring was pulled out of a connection or was damaged in any way causing this issue here.This is usually the main cause for a fault like this here when this occurs like this.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete