Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

I have a 06 525i and I just got home parked my car and was

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 06 525i and I just got home parked my car and was unable to take my key out the ignition. I tried to turn the engine on and was unable to as well. Then I tried moving the shifter back and forth and did a semi hard push upwards and it got stuck on me now. But only this time I was able to turn the engine on and drove around the parking lot and shifted gears good. Then I parked it turned off engine and still unable to get key out. So I moved the gears abit and goodness I got lucky I got the key out!!! But I know that once I put the key back in I might go through this issue again. What will be that I need to start looking into as far as replacing parts???
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. If I'm able too. I got lucky last issue. My started when out like 2 months ago and it took me a day and a half to do it my self just off of YouTube videos
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: For this issue?? Nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your car?
Customer: Mm mm. No I think I mentioned everything
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what exactly was your question about this?