Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

I have a BMW 750li 2007 it is given me a message that says

Customer Question

i have a BMW 750li 2007 it is given me a message that says engine malfunction reduce power how do i fix this. and whats wrong with it.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ted G. replied 8 months ago.

The vehicle has to be scanned for codes from the engine. Reduced power usually has to do with the electronic throttle control and it's sensors, but without a code scan all that can be done is a bunch of very expensive guessing. It could be as simple as a wiring repair, or as complex as a module or throttle body replacement. Most good aftermarket shops can scan that vehicle and of course, all dealers can also.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i don't have to go to BMW to see whats wrong. I bought a integrated supply module how do you installed that is that simply enough for me to do.
Expert:  Ted G. replied 8 months ago.

No, an independent shop can probably scan it for you. You cannot install that part. It must be programmed into the vehicle using special tools and will basically render the car inoperable if the part is just swapped in. In fact, many of the parts on that vehicle related to engine control and what not must be programmed in, it is not really a DIY type of vehicle unless you invest a lot of money in tooling.

Expert:  Ted G. replied 8 months ago.

Did you have any further questions or are you ready to finish up this question?