Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

My 1997 BMW 740iL cranks while before starting. I sounds

Customer Question

Steve. My 1997 BMW 740iL cranks for a while before starting. I sounds funky while cranking. After it starts it will only run if the rpm's are above idle and dies at idle. I have some smoking on the right side of the engine but I can't tell where it's coming from. I replaced the cam shaft sensor.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I also don't get any fault codes from my osbII
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I say it sounds funky when cranking, I mean it sounds like spark issues?? It feels like the engine is out of balance, shaky.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I also had to replace the cable from the throttle blade to an actuator mounted on the oil filter mount. I assume it shuts the throttle blade if something happens and shuts the car off
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What exactly is your question about this? What do you want to know?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have already typed several things
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Steve. My 1997 BMW 740iL cranks for a...
Steve. My 1997 BMW 740iL cranks for a while before starting. I sounds funky while cranking. After it starts it will only run if the rpm's are above idle and dies at idle. I have some smoking on the right side of the engine but I can't tell where it's coming from. I replaced the cam shaft sensor.I also don't get any fault codes from my osbII26 March 2016 04:46When I say it sounds funky when cranking, I mean it sounds like spark issues?? It feels like the engine is out of balance, shakyI also had to replace the cable from the throttle blade to an actuator mounted on the oil filter mount. I assume it shuts the throttle blade if something happens and shuts the car off
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Why the cranking issue and what do I have to do to make it start and run like it should?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is someone looking at what I've typed??????????????
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Forget that I need assistance. Do not charge me for not answering any questions and don't charge my card for any any futher assistance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!