Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Air suspension, I have a 2002 BMW X5 comfort shocks. 4.4. I

Customer Question

Air suspension
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 2002 BMW X5 comfort shocks. 4.4. I changed out air springs in the rear and pulled out the fuse before hand
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Is that possible ?
JA: Is there anything else the BMW Mechanic should be aware of about your BMW?
Customer: No ma'am
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello
What is you question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Steve I'm wondering why my air compressor won't come I and self level my 2002 x5 4.4. I changed out air springs before hand and removed fuse and let all air out of he system before any work was done
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
R u still there Steve ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin is there a self level fault listed on dash board ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
It is likely that you will need to have car plugged in to reset but you could try disconnecting the battery and using a ***** *****ft rear end up slightly and reconnect then start car up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would that light cause the pump not to work ? It was working before I pulled the fuse. Disconnection if the battery wil rest the system
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
If car logs a leak code it won't run pump .dosconnect and jack up hopefully it will trick system into reset if not you will have to have car plugged in to remove faults
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says self leveling system inactive. So in order from the pump to work that fault has to go away?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Correct try what I've said first sometimes it will work if bot system will need to be reset on diagnostic machine
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all