Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

Car does not respond to start engine button. All other

Customer Question

Car does not respond to start engine button. All other electrical items work. If the car sits for 15-20 minutes. It is like it needs a reset. If the button is pushed before brake is applied it will freeze up for 20 minutes.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Waiting for it to reset. Usually takes 10 to 20 minutes depending on how late I am.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: Is this one of those close the doors and lock the car then unlock and restart after the reset? I had never heard that one until I hit this site.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What reset are you referring to?