Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I'm very worried about my bmw 745i ... I changed the battery

Customer Question

Hi, I'm very worried about my bmw 745i ... I changed the battery and now all the lights came on in the dashboard and the car is not driving at all
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The BMW Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car was working fine I had a small battery on it which was going dead all the time so I replaced the battery and now it's not driving al all
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If its a diy job ... yes I can do
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: That's all !!! Please help !!!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what exactly was your question about this? what information are you seeking ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I replaced the battery on my 02 bmw 745i and all light came on including gearbox and now do not drives ...It stars bunt not drives
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What can be because the car was driving fine before that???
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
there is most likely a voltage / power distribution problem of failed control module.
you will need to have the voltage checked and the fault logs scanned from the car to verify.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I take the car to a garage to perform a diagnosis test and the answer was the car is not conecting ti the tester
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also the diagnosis said only one error it said (multi fusses )
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
again voltage should be checked if it was not.
if voltage is good then this again could signal a failed control module as I suggest, which is preventing communication with other modules. A full on BMW tester will need to be used for this.
another next step would be to disconnect modules one by one until others come back online
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rate